
(I got this recipe from a booklet on the many uses for Betty Crocker's Reduced Fat Bisquick baking mix. It's not as rich tasting as regular banana bread, but it's a good alternative for those watching their cholesterol and fat intake. I make mine without the nuts.)
1 1/3 C. mashed very ripe bananas (about two large)
3/4 C. fat-free cholesterol-free egg product or 5 egg whites
2/3 C. sugar
1/4 C. fat-free (skim) milk
3 T. vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 2/3 C. Reduced Fat Bisquick
1/2 C. chopped nuts or miniature chocolate chips
***
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom only of loaf pan, 9x5x3 inches.
2. Stir bananas, egg product, sugar, milk, oil and vanilla in large bowl until blended. Stir in Bisquick and nuts. Pour into pan.
3. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Run knife or metal spatula around sides of loaf to loosen; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely before slicing.
High altitudes (3,500-6,500 ft.): Heat oven to 375 degrees. Decrease sugar to 1/3 cup. Bake 45-55 minutes.
4 comments:
This also sounds good! Thanks for sharing the recipes.
Yummy! I want some.
I'm so sorry I had forgotten to check your cooking blog regularly... since the turtle soup entry anyway.
I have some really really really great recipes I've tried recently. Be watching. I think I may post a few over on kool daze. I';m becoming quite domestic now that Nate's not requiring my attention ALL DAY!!!
Hey...where those new recipes you promised!!! :)
Just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog :)
I've long been on the search for the "perfect" banana bread recipe - not low fat!! Would you happen to know one?
ps where did your other blog go to? did you change the name?
~ robin
Post a Comment