(Adapted slightly from a Martha Stewart recipe.)Garden Vegetable Couscous
1 box of couscous, prepared according to package directions
1 orange bell pepper (or red, or yellow, or whatever you like really), cut in to one-inch slices
4 scallions (white and green parts only), sliced
12 grape tomatoes, quartered
Dressing:
2 T. extra-virgin olive oil
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
1) Prepare couscous. Set aside in serving bowl.
2) Cut veggies and place in to bowl with the couscous. (I cut the veggies while the water for the couscous is boiling, and the couscous is absorbing the liquid. It saves a ton of time.)
3) Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing. Pour over the couscous and veggies.
4) Toss together.
You can add a little more salt and pepper, or lemon juice, if desired.
1 orange bell pepper (or red, or yellow, or whatever you like really), cut in to one-inch slices
4 scallions (white and green parts only), sliced
12 grape tomatoes, quartered
Dressing:
2 T. extra-virgin olive oil
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
1) Prepare couscous. Set aside in serving bowl.
2) Cut veggies and place in to bowl with the couscous. (I cut the veggies while the water for the couscous is boiling, and the couscous is absorbing the liquid. It saves a ton of time.)
3) Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing. Pour over the couscous and veggies.
4) Toss together.
You can add a little more salt and pepper, or lemon juice, if desired.

2 comments:
Looks yummy - I've never tried couscous. :-O
I think I may be the only one eating it though - T doesn't do well with raw peppers :-D
This is wonderful! Looks delicious!
Post a Comment