Saturday, July 7, 2007

Berry Frozen Yogurt


(This recipe is one of many that came with the Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt/Ice Cream/Sorbet Maker I got as a gift from my mom. The recipe was requested by fellow blogger http://candidreflections.blogspot.com/. It might work with other brands of ice cream makers.)

2 C. low-fat vanilla yogurt
1 12-oz. bag frozen mixed berries, pureed and strained, or 2 cups pureed and strained fresh berries
1/2 C. whole milk
1/4 C. sugar

Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl using a hand mixer on medium speed. Pour into freezer bowl, turn on machine and let mix until thickened, about 25-30 minutes. If desired, transfer frozen yogurt to an airtight container and place in freezer until firm, about 2 hours.

4 comments:

Momma Roar said...

If I don't have one of these fancy machines - can I sit in my freezer with the stuff in a bowl and mix it? Will it work the same? ;-)

See what a lack of sleep does?

Momma Roar said...

Oh yeah, and thanks for sharing the recipe!

Diane @ A Watered Garden said...

Bless you!! Thanks for letting me know you have posted it. :-) I will add the whole milk and yogurt to my shopping list and hopefully be able to try this out VERY soon! My, my....please tell Momma roar to go take a nap... poor thing. Thanks again for the recipe! Blessings, Diane

Lori said...

MMNNN! Sounds so yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe with us.