"What's For Breakfast," by Donna S. Roy and Kathleen Flores.)
Oven-Puffed Pancake With Apple Filling
1/4 C. egg substitute, thawed
1 whole egg, beaten
1/3 C. skim milk
1/4 tsp. real vanilla extract
1/3 C. flour
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. light stick margarine
1 tsp. powdered sugar
1/2 C. unsweetened applesauce
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Mix first 7 ingredients together with wire whisk until smooth. Let stand for five minutes. Place margarine in 8-inch cast iron skillet and melt in oven until bubbly. Pour pancake batter into skillet. Place back in oven and bake 15-20 minutes until pancake is puffy and golden brown. Remove from oven and top with powdered sugar and applesauce.

2 comments:
This looks/sounds so good! I'm going to try it this morning! :)
I just had to come back and tell you that this is SOOOO good! I don't have a cast-iron skillet, but I do have an oven-safe skillet that I used. My boys and I LOVED this, and we'll definitely make it again. Mmmmmm!
Post a Comment