Monday, October 15, 2007

Spaghetti Casserole


(I found the following recipe in Tase of Home's October 2007 issue of "Simple & Delicious" magazine. It makes enough for two 8x8-inch pans of spaghetti casserole: one to eat now, and the other to freeze and eat later. Enjoy.)


Spaghetti Casserole
1 pkg. (16 oz.) angel hair pasta
1-1/2 lbs. ground beef (I used extra lean)
1 jar (26 oz.) spaghetti sauce
2 cans (8 oz. each) tomato sauce
1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 C. (8 oz.) sour cream (I used fat free)
2 C. (8 oz.) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack Cheese

1) Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and tomato sauce. Remove from heat.

2) Drain pasta. Combine soup and sour cream. In two 8-in.-square baking dishes, layer half of the meat sauce, pasta, soup mixture and cheese. Repeat layers.

3) Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350-degrees for 55-65 minutes, or until the cheese is melted (it won't take long if you're eating it right away).

4) To reheat frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake as directed in step 3).

Each casserole makes about 6 servings.

4 comments:

onemotherslove said...

That looks yummy. I wonder if I could sneak it past my husband who thinks nothing should have cream of anything soup in it!

Anonymous said...

I have the stuff to make spaghetti. I saw this recipe and I'm thinking - maybe I might just make this. It sounds and looks good and gives a different twist to the traditional spaghetti.
Karen
http://thetagblog.blogspot.com/
www.homeschoolblogger.com/SALT

kddub said...

Okay, I've got to try this one too, my boys would be all over this.

Mansi said...

Hey! first time here..came over from kelli's blog for thanksgiving event...nice to meet a fellow foodie:) I wrote about thanksgiving decorating ideas today:)

this spaghetti looks inviting!

-Mansi