Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Cheddar Macaroni Beef Casserole


(This recipe comes from the Spring 2008 issue of Kraft Food & Family magazine. It was a hit with my son, who is a picky eater. The photo is from the magazine. I will soon upload the one I took.)

Cheddar Macaroni Beef Casserole
1 pkg. (7-1/4 oz.) KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves or dried basil leaves
1/2 cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese

PREHEAT oven to 400ºF. Prepare Dinner as directed on package, omitting butter. Meanwhile, brown meat in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat; drain. Add tomatoes and oregano; mix well. Bring to boil.

ADD meat mixture to Dinner; spoon into 9-inch square baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.

BAKE 10 min. or until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through.

Makes four 1-3/4 C. servings.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Add some speggetti sauce and you have yourself goulash!!
(My mother in law makes this goulash all the time and my kids LOVE it!)

Amber said...

Yeah...I spelled Spaghetti wrong...oops! You know what I meant!

Momma Roar said...

YUM!

Still rejoicing over dinner success!!