(This is a fun cookie to make -- and eat. I found the recipe in the October 2007 edition of Taste of Home's Simple and Delicious magazine. In case you're wondering, I left out the nuts and coconut when I made it; it was still very yummy.)
Oatmeal Cookie Pizza
1/2 C. butter, melted
3/4 C. packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 C. all-purpose flour
1 C. quick-cooking oats
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 package (12 oz.) M&M's miniature baking bits, divided
1/4 C. chopped walnuts or pecans
1/4 C. flaked coconut
1) In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla.
2) Combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in 1 C. baking bits.
3) Press onto a greased 12-inch pizza pan. Sprinkle with nuts, coconut and remaining baking bits; press lightly into dough.
4) Bake at 350-degrees for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into wedges.
Makes 12 servings.

1 comment:
Do you ship to the east coast? ;-)
Post a Comment