
It was monkey see, monkey definitely do, when I saw this recipe in the current (December 2008) issue of Martha Stewart Living. I would definitely recommend using the best chocolate you can afford to make this recipe. And don't worry, the white chocolate adds the perfect amount of sweet flavor to the bittersweet chocolate called for in the recipe.
I haven't tried the recipe using semi-sweet chocolate and white chocolate, but I suppose that's an option if you prefer a sweeter chocolate. I'm a dark chocolate fan, so this is right up my alley. Oh! The recipe calls for peanuts, but I left them out. I prefer almonds, anyway.
Winter Bark
8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
7 ounces salted cocktail peanuts (1 1/2 cups)
1) Place white chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally, until chocolate melts. Remove from heat.
2) Melt bittersweet chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, stirring occasionally. Stir in peanuts. Spread on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet, spreading peanuts in a single layer. Drop spoonfuls of white chocolate on top, and swirl chocolates with a skewer.
3) Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour. Break bark into large pieces. Bark will keep, covered and refrigerated, for up to 2 weeks.
1 comment:
Need photos for non-cooks.
Heat proof bowl set over simmering water? HUH? What on earth is in my kitchen for that?
But oh it looks yummy!
Post a Comment