Thursday, December 18, 2008

Quick Chicken-Corn Chowder

This one is from Cooking Light magazine. I've made it using both turkey and chicken, and both ways were awesome.

Quick Chicken-Corn Chowder

2 T. butter
1/4 C. chopped onion
1/4 C. chopped celery
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
2 T. all-purpose flour
3 C. 2% reduced-fat milk
2 C. chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 2 breast halves)
1 1/2 C. fresh or frozen corn kernels (about 3 ears)
1 tsp. chopped fresh or 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
1/4 tsp. ground red pepper
1/8 tsp.. salt
1 (14 3/4 oz.) can cream-style corn

1) Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, celery and jalapeno; cook for 3 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.

2) Add flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in milk and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook until thick (about 5 minutes).

Makes six 1-cup servings.




post signature

1 comment:

Momma Roar said...

I haven't met a Cooking Light recipe that I haven't liked. This one looks great! I'll be printing it soon!