(This recipe is from "Dining Dakota Style" from the Junior League of Sioux Falls.)Winter Pear Salad w/Raspberry Vinaigrette
Raspberry Vinaigrette:
1/2 C. raspberry vinegar
1/2 C. olive oil (I use extra virgin olive oil)
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
Salad:
8 C. torn romaine and radicchio
8 pears, cored and thinly sliced
1 C. (4 oz.) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
2 C. toasted walnuts
1/2 C. chopped fresh Italian parsley
1 C. raspberries
Combine all ingredients for the vinaigrette in a jar with a tight-fitted lid. Seal the jar and shake to combine.
To assemble salad, arrange the romaine and radicchio on a large serving plate. Arrange pear slices over the lettuce. Crumble the cheese over the pears. Sprinkle with walnuts, parsley and raspberries. Drizzle with the vinaigrette just before serving.
Serves 15
Note: There are only three in our family, so I scaled back the recipe. I made the vinaigrette as written. I then arranged the salad on individual salad plates, rather than on one huge platter. One pear was enough for the three of us. Also, our store didn't have Gorgonzola, so I substituted Blue Cheese and it was awesome. I left out the nuts and parsley.

2 comments:
These recipes look GREAT! I'm adding ingredients to my grocery list. Thanks for sharing!! As usual, LOVE your photography :-)
Just dropped in from Leigh Ann's to wish you a Happy Birthday, Just Mom. It's been a long time. I didn't see a link to your Just Mom blog.
Very, VERY Happy Birthday to you.
Susan
Post a Comment