Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Chicken Lo Mein


I was looking for a lower-fat, lower-sodium version of chicken lo mein, when I found this recipe in the Holiday 2007 issue of Kraft's Food & Family magazine. Oh momma, is this ever tasty.

I made this using the recipe, as written. I think I'll try it with fresh veggies next time, and not cook them as long. I prefer my cooked veggies on the slightly crunchy side.

Chicken Lo Mein

1/2 lb. spaghetti, uncooked
1/4 C. Kraft Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut in to strips
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 16-oz. package frozen bell pepper and onion strips, thawed and drained
1/2 C. fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 T. peanut butter
1/4 C. lite soy sauce
2 Tb. chopped cilantro or green onions, for garnish
2 T. chopped cocktail peanuts, for garnish

1) Cook spaghetti according to package instructions.

2) Meanwhile, heat dressing in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken and garlic and stir-fry until no longer pink. Add veggies, broth and peanut butter. Stir-fry an additional 3-4 minutes until chicken is cooked through.

3) Drain spaghetti, return to pan. Add chicken mixture and soy sauce. Mix well.

4) Spoon in to serving platter; sprinkle with cilantro or green onions, and peanuts.


Makes 4 servings, 2 cups each.


post signature

1 comment:

Momma Roar said...

Do I need to use chop sticks to eat it? If so, I refuse to make it! ;-)